Twelve days!
Twelve days and school will start for me again.
Less than two weeks and it'll be back to the old routine, the same schedule, the same day-to-day ...
I can hardly wait.
But in a lot of ways, I don't think school really will be the same for me this year. I think a lot of growing up will happen for me this year. Which is exciting ... but at the same time, it's like ... do I have to?
I'll be a sophomore. That in itself is mildly exciting. The whole "new-ness" of high school has worn off, and I think it will feel good to go back and not be the youngest group in the place anymore. Sorry sis :p Not that being a freshman was bad. Not at all! But there's just something ... different, about having a year under my belt.
I can drive this year. Well technically I've been able to drive since December of last year, but I get my license in September. We've decided I'm going to take my test after Nationals is over - one last thing to try and get taken care of before we leave for Nampa. But either way, starting next month it'll be no more "Mom, can you take me ..." "Mom, when are you coming to pick me up?" It'll just be me driving myself. And it'll be nice.
I'll probably be getting a job soon. Gasp, my first job! :o I have no idea where I want to work and getting a job interview is slightly terrifying in my opinion. Me and the whole "first impression" thing aren't the best of friends. But I have to pay for gas somehow (the price finally went down to under $4 a gallon! Three Cheers!), so ... I'll just have to figure out what I want to do, and get on with it.
Speaking of figuring out what I want to do ... after this year, high school's half over for me. In three years, I'm done. And it'll be time for me to start the rest of my life. It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately ... and quite frankly it's kind of a scary concept. I'd talk about that more now but something tells me it'd lead to a long and drawn out ramble. So we'll save the topic of my future for a later post. Spare you all the drama ... for now ;)
I got my class schedule in the mail about a week ago. I didn't make it into Zoology for one reason or another, which was a major bummer :( I was looking so forward to that. That was going to be my one cool, different, oddball elective that no one else I knew was going to take. At least the class I ended up getting put in is cool as well; Calligraphy. I took a calligraphy class in eighth grade; really low-key, mainly just goofing around with ink and paper for an hour. Watching Anime movies at seven thirty in the morning. Man I miss those days. I just know this is going to be a "serious" art class ... hopefully I can muster up what little supply of creativity inside of me to make it work in calligraphy class as a sophomore. Something tells me my calligraphy teacher this year won't play Howl's Moving Castle while we work on our assignments ... *sigh*
First semester, my class schedule includes the aforementioned Calligraphy class, Wind Ensemble (just like always ... live and die a band geek), Weights for Women (that should prove to be an embarrassment ...), Honors English 2 (still need to finish Ethan Frome before the first day of class!), Algebra 1 (ya ... math is so not my thing ...), and Biology (Three Cheers! A class I'm sure to enjoy!). Second semester the classes remain the same, except scratch Calligraphy, my one-semester elective, and insert World History 2. Oh, the joys.
So I suppose I'm fairly satisfied with my schedule. I'll have to make my final thoughts on the classes after school starts, again. Because while I might enjoy the course, there are factors to be considered. How the teacher is and who is in the class with me effects how much I'll enjoy myself. As well as the time of day. I may or may not decide I like lifting weights at eight a.m. - however, I think ending the day off with calligraphy should be a relaxing final class.
But, all this considered, I think our one-hour lunch break should have a special place in my heart. Just like always ;)
I seriously can't wait for school to start again. I miss having a goal and a direction and a purpose to my day. I miss having a schedule to keep, people and places to see; assignments to do and lectures to listen to. Reading that, you probably all think I've got some sort of mental problem. What teenager likes that stuff?! I can answer that - a teenager who's been home with nothing to do far too long!
But more than anything, I just miss high school. I miss the whole crazy thing; just the atmosphere. I miss the social aspect of it. Me, Miss Social Incompetence? Yes, I admit it. I miss being around people. Gasp!
But I miss my friends most. My dear besties, it won't be soon before we're united again! Except for you, Joey Girl ... my prayers be with you! I hope you survive a year at icky old BGHS! We miss you already and love you so much!!! You own at BG alright? Show 'em all how awesome you are!
...
Alright. I think I'm done rambling about school and life and all that jazz. I think the point I've been trying to make with all this is ...
I'm ready. Let's rock and roll this school year. Make it better than ever before and make memories to last a lifetime. If we're gonna be forced to be there for seven hours straight, five days a week ... we might as well make the most of it!
Let's have some fun! ♥
Friday, August 22, 2008
"I Just Wanna Live While I'm Alive ... It's My Life!"
Posted by Jenna at 10:38 PM
Labels: Bored Posts, School, Teen Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
5 comments:
hey girl i know what you mean, i miss school too. and i can't believe that after this year we are going to be half way done!! poor Joey, we will have to get together with her sometime.
but the thing i miss most are the one hour lunches, i mean i used to sleep for that hour! lol especially during volleyball season : )
love you lots and we will have to compare schedules next time we see each other
We always have WAY too much fun during lunch hour ;)
"I'm eating this banana. Lunchtime be damned!!" =D lolz
Yes, we must compare schedules, asap.
One hour?! Are you SERIOUS?! I get 25-30 minutes! Well actually, I think they upped it to 35-40 but still.
I don't get my schedule until the first day of school. Sigh. But I know it's not gonna be pretty....
But I'm glad you like your school! Driving will be so much fun!
It used to just be a half hour. They changed it halfway through freshman year. But some days you half to take half of that lunch hour to do what they call "student teacher access time" ...
Ya it's kinda complicated.
lol
Wow! Good luck!
I'm also super attentive to my future right now. . .I'm going into my Junior year, but I'm planning on getting my GED and going to college in Jan. It's a ton of stress but I think it'll be well worth it!
Lol I refuse to drive. I could've had my licence a year ago, but I woudn't drive in Phoenix for a billion dollars. The Freeways here scare me, and rarely a day goes by when we don't pass multiple accidents.
You're very lucky to live in a small town, I envy that!!!
Anyway! Enjoy your Sophomore year! It's a GREAT year! =D
Sorry for the loong comment! <3
Post a Comment