Last weekend's horse show went ... alright for me.
Actually, it was slightly pathetic. For some reason or another, Bob and I were just not on the same wavelength in any of my hunter or western pleasure classes.
In fact, we pulled dead last in every class, which was disappointing. My trainer told me in some of my classes that Bob was "easily the flashiest horse out there" or that "we know [Bob]'s a better horse than that", but time and again Bob did something-or-other to blow our class. It was frusterating, but good practice for me - a humbling experience, reminding me that just because I have an amazing horse doesn't mean we'll always bring home the blue ;) My trainer took Bob in a western pleasure class and managed to come back with third place, but in every class I took Bob in, we came in last.
... except the show hack.
How we managed to win both of our show hack classes is still beyond me. I won't soon forget the cheering coming from the stands when they announced my number at the top of the open show hack class - and then again later that evening in the amateur to ride! Everyone was very proud of me and Bob, and I just rubbed Bob down on the neck and grinned.
And why Bob decided to get his act together for those two classes - the show hack, the event in which he has the least amount of training and the least experience! - is still baffling us all.
But, no matter. What's done is done, and now it's time to switch my focus to this weekend's show!
... that's right, I've got another show this weekend as well! We leave Thursday afternoon. We only got back from last weekend's show on Sunday night. Which means I have exactly ... three days at home in between horse shows! o.0
Sure, it can get a little crazy, this equestrian lifestyle, but, in all honesty ... I wouldn't have it any other way.
Well, it's time for me to sign off. I've got another lovely nine a.m lesson, which means the alarm will go off at seven-thirty tomorrow. I need my sleep!
Later, everyone! <3
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
"... The Beauty That I'm Faking Lets Me Live My Life Like This ..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
3 comments:
I'm sorry that it didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped, but I'm glad you placed in those two classes! [sorry I don't remember what they're called o.0]
Good luck at you're next show!!!
That sucks. I am glad that you won in those classes! Who knows, maybe the other stuff was just too easy for you guys, lol.
Better luck next weekend!
Thanks for the well-wishes, guys :)
I probably won't get to blog again until after this show, so ... talk to ya'll when I do!
Later!
Post a Comment