I've been slightly obsessed with vampires lately. All summer, my sister, my best friend and I have been watching our Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs like they're some sort of life support for us. We're halfway through Season Three, which puts us halfway through our entire boxed set of DVDs! Woo hoo! Besides our Buffy obsession, I've been reading the Vampire Hunter D books, which are amazing, by the way. And, to top it off ... Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn, the last in her epic Twilight saga, came out today!
My sister and I attended the pre-sale party last night, from nine o'clock to midnight. Pictured is me in all my amazing vamp makeup. I had way too much fun with that =D Sadly I don't have a picture of my full costume, which I won honorable mention for in the costume contest. I wore my pink-with-black-diamond-pattern formal dress underneith my black casual button-down dress, with my fancy black heels, some pretty jewelry, and a black rose for good measure <3
The party was fun. Any excuse to dress up like a vampire, right? :p While we were waiting for the clock to strike twelve, I found another book on the shelves and sat down to read it; just to pass the time. It's titled Wicked Game, "a novel of sex, blood & rock n' roll" (as the cover declares), and as soon as I started reading, I knew I was going to have to buy it and take it home with me. Anyone interested in a book about vampires and music from decades past and present should definity pick this one up. Highly recommended.
Sadly, even though we got our hands on Breaking Dawn last night, I won't be able to read it for a while. I have to finish reading Gulliver's Travels and Ethan Frome before the school year starts again for my Honors English class. Plus, I have the Vampire Hunter D books that I'd like to keep reading. Stephenie Meyer's The Host has been sitting on my nightstand, begun and then forgotten, for a few months at least. And now I have Wicked Game as well!
As slow as I read, it may be a while before I get to Breaking Dawn o.0
Later, everybody!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
"Can You Stake My Heart?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
3 comments:
Hey I've just started the Stephanie Meyer's series! I have to get that book!
I L-O-V-E vampires, they have a lot of great symbolism. And it's super fun to dress up like one! Lovely makeup by the way. <3
You havn't read them yet?! Wow ... It's just like, everyone and their cousin has read that book lol. Well I'm glad you've started them. The whole series is amazing!
Vampires = <33
oooh nice make-up.
Ah I had so much fun at the release party here in AZ. =]
I did my make-up like Gerard during the "Three Cheers" era. lol.
unfortunately I don't have any pictures =[
You'll LOVE the book. I've only just started, and the plot hasn't even kicked off or anything and I'm glued!
Post a Comment