BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

"...Now Press Repeat."

For all you interested ... this is my blog's official 200th post! o.0 Wow I feel kind of nerdy, admitting that I've posted on this thing two hundred times ... oh well XD
I suppose it's to be expected that my two-hundredth post will be music related. My sister, rockin_robin (see link to her blog at right) did this a while ago and have been meaning to do it, too; figured the beginning of the week was as good a time as any to list my favorite songs of the week!
So, these are the songs that have been playing on repeat on my iPod recently. They're in no particular order; just a list of some of my recent favs :D Music videos (or a similar YouTube video, if an official music video has not been filmed) have been provided and if you click the link below the video, you can read the lyrics. Unlike my sis, I'll only post five songs rather then ten; save you all a little time reading and watching videos ;)
Here goes!

My Favorite Songs of the Week!

The Fantasy - 30 Seconds To Mars

This song is super cool. I have recently fallen in love with a lot of tracks from 30 Seconds to Mars' latest album release, A Beautiful Lie (2005), and this is one of those tracks. I love the emotion these guys can put into their songs; Jared Leto, frontman, really has a lot of fun with this one! Just a catchy song, a good example of this band's talents.


The Fantasy Lyrics

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish - My Chemical Romance

Lately I've been falling in love with My Chemical Romance's older albums all over again. The first few times I listened to this track, it just really didn't stand out to me; but lately I've started listening to it more and more often, and now it seems I just can't stop! As always, the guys have written amazing lyrics that really tell a story.


It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish Lyrics

Our Lady of Sorrows - My Chemical Romance

Again, going a little bit old school with my My Chem albums. The first time I heard this track, I didn't even give it a fair chance; I was so used to the sound MCR had done in their latest album (The Black Parade; 2006) that I could hardly believe the fast-and-furious sounds of Our Lady of Sorrows could be the same band I'd fallen in love with before. I assumed this song was nothing but screaming and cursing, and, in essence, that's what the song is; but it's also what makes this song so great, that kind of desperate passion that these guys can present so well. I can now say that this is one of my favorite My Chem songs.


Our Lady Of Sorrows Lyrics

Stitches - Haste The Day

I've recently become a fan of Haste the Day, and, due to lack of funds, Stitches is the only track I have by them. Every time I hear this song it just gets better and better; these guys have serious talent and I desperately wish I had the money to buy an album of theirs (or two!). For now, I'll have to settle for just this one song. As it is, this song goes above and beyond expectations and is more than enough to keep me satisfied ... for now.


Stitches Lyrics

Sorry - Buckcherry

I first heard this song while sharing headphones with a classmate at school - as soon as the chorus began and I urgently asked him what the song title was and wrote it on my arm. As soon as I got home that day I begged my sister to buy the song for me (again, lack of funds ...) and, bless her heart, she did, and I'm so thankful. This song is simply beautiful; the lyrics are true, simple, and the melodies are heartbreaking. Just a wonderful song.


Sorry Lyrics

So that's that! :D
I might do this every Sunday or so, depending on how busy I am. If I don't have anything more important or exciting to post I might do the videos again ... but otherwise I'll probably just incorporate my list of favorite songs of the week into a regular post.
Talk to ya'll later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun stuff ^_^!

I'm listening to "Our Lady Of Sorrows" right now. I had forgotten how much I loved that song!

Anonymous said...

If you are Christian and are just learning about 30 Seconds to Mars.
Alot of the lyrics have a reference to faith. "Savior" even though the lyrics are DON'T save me throughout the song, it says save me in the end. The lyrics also are a metaphor for, don't judge me unless you are the savior. Just listen :)
Also, The Story has I swear to God I'll find myself in the end.

Jared may cuss alot but he has a good heart and writes all his own music.

Jenna said...

Anonymous ...
I was actually surprised by how little cursing there was in 30STM's lyrics. I'll have to check out the song The Story ... havn't heard that one yet. Savior is a beautiful song <3
Whether it was meant to be a spiritual song or not, I find R-Evolve to have several references to faith as well ... at least the way I interprit the lyrics;
"A revolution has begun today for me inside ... Does it feel like you've never been alive? / Does it feel like it's only just begun?" Those lyrics remind me of how I have been reborn through Christ <3
Thanks for the comment!

Savy said...

Love the My Chem songs (surprise, surprise) and I really love their old albums, too. Stitches was great and Sorry was very pretty. The Fantasy never did do much for me... But I love The Kill by 30STM.

Love the weekly song idea! Post on! <3 lol