GIRL'S NIGHT! <3
We had no school yesterday, even though it was Friday (woo hoo!) so me and my girls got together and all went to the mall. I invited Lil'emo, Reno and Joey Girl and we all spent lots of time buying some super cute stuff.
The first store we hit was Anchor Blue, and I tried on a few black dresses; one was too big, the other, too small *tear* Lil'emo and Reno found some cute stuff there, though, and while they were checking out My Chem's I'm Not Okay (I Promise) came on the stereo in the store, so even though Joey and I left empty handed, we were satisfied :D
Then I went into f.y.e to look for the Flyleaf album - which I've been wanting to purchase desperately since hearing "I'm So Sick" for the first time - while my friends went into Forever 21 to look at clothes. I succeeded in finding the album and, not only that, but it was a special addition, including several acoustic recordings on the CD and on an included DVD, a free poster, and a free "All Around Me" ringtone. Woo hoo! I was also extremely pleased to find that f.y.e still carried My Chem's albums I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, as well as their first CD/DVD Life on the Murder Scene. I didn't have enough money to buy them yesterday, but as soon as possible I want to buy those albums and the DVD. Sure I already have both albums purchased off of iTunes, but I really miss being able to hold an album physically, ya know? I miss the cover art and booklets a lot. I forgot how much I missed holding an album I really loved until I took Flyleaf's album home, opened it up and got flipping through the booklet ... I'm on a mission to buy all three My Chem albums, Life on the Murder Scene and The Black Parade Is Dead! (My Chem's second live DVD; comes out in June! Can't wait!) and hold them in my hands, because I miss the days when technology didn't rule the world.
Then we hit a few more stores before I found the CUTEST black dress at Charlotte Russe. It didn't fit me like it was supposed to; my hips are a little too wide and my butt is a little too big, and so I couldn't snap the dress all the way down like it was supposed to be worn. But, it looked really cute snapped down to my waist and worn over a pair of skinny jeans, so ... I bought it anyway. It was the only one on the rack - clearance! - and I just had to have it. So what if that's not how it was supposed to be worn?! That's not the point. Besides, the twenty-five dollar dress only cost me seven bucks on clearance ... how could I refuse?! ;) I am so happy with it, I love my new dress a lot! I still couldn't believe I bought a dress ... lol. I never wear dresses! o.0 But I'm kinda discovering my style anymore, and the dress was just too perfect.
Anyway. So we kept shopping around. I bought a red belt at 20 Below (Six bucks! Score!) and then me and my girls all hit the 10 for $10 racks at Icing. We all bought a lot of jewelry and accessorises for really cheap! Yay!
I went into Wet Seal with my girls and was surprised to find that they actually had some super cute stuff! lol. I tried on a pair of bright red skinny jeans that were just a little to small ... sad day. Oh well. At least now I know to check out Wet Seal more often!
And finally ... Hot Topic! Woo hoo! I drug Lil'emo all over the store helping me pick out jewelry to match my new dress, and with her guidance I finally found the perfect combination of earrings, necklace and bracelet. I also bought a My Chemical Romance button to put on my cadet hat ... because I can :D
So that was our shopping spree! :D We all got a ton of cute stuff and were very pleased!
We got back to my house at about seven o'clock and I had my first sleepover! lol. Yeah, fifteen, and never had anyone stay the night at my house before ... except Lil'emo. But it doesn't really count when she lives across the street ;) Anyway. So after giving them the grand tour of the house and waiting for pizza to be done cooking, we all settled downstairs in front of the TV and began our movie night. We watched Zoolander first and we all agreed that we'd never laughed for that long straight in a really long time! Then we watched The Covenant ... one of my fav movies! Reno didn't get it :D
So after eating way too much junk food and watching movies, we turned off the TV and the lights and did what girls do at sleepovers; talk. We just sat and talked and talked and talked until four in the morning, when we finally all crashed.
It was a blast having all my girls over, going shopping and hanging out. With all of us exhausted and ready for school to be over (about two weeks left!) it felt good to get out and have a girl's night; I think we all needed it! This may be just what we needed to get us through the rest of the school year.
I realize this post was really long, lol. Later, everybody! <3
Saturday, May 24, 2008
"... I'm Not An Ambi-Turner."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
2 comments:
You didn't invite me?! o.0 Lol j/k. That sounded like lots of fun though. Can't wait for The Black Parade Is Dead! either! I heart shopping, though. And sleepovers! Fun.
2 weeks?! You are one lucky girl. I've got 5 weeks! Grrr....
Sounded like a great day.
Shopping + sleepovers w/ lots of friends= life. :p
My bad! I'll make sure to send you an invite next time ;) lol
Post a Comment