BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh, Dear WASL, You Finally Did Me Some Good

Hey everybody!
Seems I haven't made a "real" post in a while ... I dunno ... seems like there are a lot of pictures and a lot of videos and not a lot of words on my front blog page :D

So today at my high school the upperclassmen are taking the Washington Assessment of Student Learning (WASL) in Science. Us freshman are too cool to take the science WASL, so we all got to stay home while the upperclassmen take the test, and then come to school at eleven o'clock when regular classes start again.

... actually, our teachers and administrators assumed so many of us freshman would fail the science WASL that it wasn't even worth giving us the test, and that's why we aren't taking it. But we are still pretty cool. And I still got to sleep in until eight o'clock on a Thursday, so, hey, I'm not complaining. I've taken this test every year since, like, third grade, and I think this is the first time I've ever looked forward to it ... ;)

So I've just been chilling out this morning. I fed the horses in the morning on a school day, which is unusual; usually my mom covers the AM feeding during the week. I also got to have a real breakfast for once, too; toast & jam with milk and a mini orange. Yummy! <3 Now I'm here, blogging, because I can.

Life's been pretty awesome for me lately. I'm doing my best to prepare for my Arabian "A" circuit debut, which is next weekend ... ! My first western pleasure rail shirt came in the mail a few days ago, and it is simply stunning! Black base, with orange and gold details. Plenty of rhinestones, naturally. We bought me a black hat at Wilco yesterday and so now one of my western outfits is almost complete ... we're just waiting on my chaps to come in the mail, and I need to pick up a new belt, too. One that can accommodate my buckle from the High School Equestrian Team. Someday I'll need to get black show pants, too, but for now a pair of black breeches underneath the chaps will serve the purpose. I'm super excited about my breed show debut ... but really nervous, too. I know it will be a lot of fun, win or lose!

So, yeah. I should probably sign off and go get ready for school. All three hours of it ... woo hoo! =D
Later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Going to school late is great. =]

Ooh that horse show sounds awesome! We almost went to an Arabian horse show here and we wern't able to =[

Anonymous said...

*Weren't

Jenna said...

You don't happen to remember the name of the Arab show, do you? Because there's a HUGE Arab show in Arizona called the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, and if you had a chance to see THAT ... that's a big deal for me lol. That's a big show!
So, yeah. If you can remember the name of the show let me know :D

Anonymous said...

That's it!!! I was so bummed =[ My mom and I wanted to go so very badly!

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, I hope you don't think it's weird but I've "tagged" you and your sister. Lol go to my post here to find out what I mean =]

Jenna said...

Wow! That is a bummer! Scottsdale is HUGE, and a chance to see that would be amazing ... at least, in my opinion, lol. My trainer has taken down a lot of his clients with their Arabs in the past and has placed very well at that show. I don't think he's taken any horses down there in recent years, though ...
Anyway, lol

Oh, sweet! I've been tagged! lol. I feel special. I'll make sure to fill that out! :D

Anonymous said...

Ooh. I wish so much that we had been able to go. Maybe the next one though!

haha cool >_<

Anonymous said...

ug while u were home i was having one of THE most boring days of my life! lol,so im glad 4 u even if i was bored-ready 4 marching? = )
k well i hope all ur shows rock as much as u!
joey G