BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Beautiful Day!

The weather has been absolutely lovely the last few days!
Get this - sunny and sixty in Washington State! :o Who knew?! lol
It was so nice at the barn today. I went up around four o'clock to do my WAHSET practice early so I wouldn't have to do it at the fairgrounds (if I had practiced at the fairgrounds tonight, I probably wouldn't even be home yet). I had the arena mostly to myself today, and it was so sunny and warm. Again, I didn't need to wear a hoodie! I wore my purple Joules polo shirt that we bought last summer; it'd been sitting in my closet all winter, waiting for a day like today. It felt good to wear it again.
Bob did fabulous for me today. He was in an awesome mood; he got to be turned out in a paddock because the weather was so nice, and he loved it! We practiced our dressage and hunt seat, and Bob did amazing. My goal is to qualify for the State Meet in dressage ... we think if I get a Top 5 at the Olympia meet (which is, scary enough, this weekend), I'll qualify. Cross my fingers!
I also got my entry in for my first ever Arabian "A" Circuit Breed Show! I'm extremely exciting, but kind of terrified at the same time. It will surely be an experience! My breed show debut is at the end of April.
I will talk to you all later, I suppose. Best wishes!

...five more days! ♥

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I don't know much about horses, but am I right that an Arabian horse show is important??? Haha I'm really sorta cluless when it comes to horses. . .they're beautiful though. =]

Jenna said...

An Arabian show is a big deal if you ride an Arabian :D An Arab(ian) show is strictly for Arabs and Half-Arabs. It's a big deal for me at least; it's my first breed circuit show! I've only ever done schooling shows, which are much less formal and more for fun.
If you don't really understand any of that either, lol ... that's okay :) And you're right; horses are beautiful animals.

Anonymous said...

oooh I get it. . .like a dog show only you're riding horses. lol don't know if that's the right comparison.

Anyway, sounds VERY cool =]

Jenna said...

I don't know anything about dogs! =D But I suppose that would be a pretty accurate comparison.