BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Something To Show The World


Making a record is a lot like surgery without an anesthetic. You first have to cut yourself up the middle. Then you have to rip out every single organ, every single part and lay them on a table. You then need to examine the parts, and the reality of the situation hits you. You find yourself saying things like "I didn't know that part was so ugly" or "I better get a professional opinion about that." You go to bed hollow and then back into the operating room the next day ... facing every fear, every disgusting thing you hate about yourself. Then you pop it all back in, sew yourself shut and perform ... you perform like your life depended on it - and in those perfect moments you find beauty you never knew existed.

You find yourself and your friends all over again, you find something to fight for, something to love.

Something to show the world.


~Gerard Way

3 comments:

Savy said...

Wow that's a great quote by Gerard. BTW i feel for you in the suspense until your MCR concert-a few weeks ago mine was in 100 days(i know, i can get obsessive). I can't wait till my spring break when i can do nothing but listen to music and obsess over MCR...*slips into daydream* Anyway, ill be pretty busy this week so don't expect to hear from me till at least Thursday.

p.s. ill be sure to check out your sis' blog!

Anonymous said...

Haha you used the quote!!!
I'm glad, I really want as many people possible to hear that. . .it just says SO MUCH!

eight days *woot* haha I'm excited for you =]

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.