Check this guy out!
I found his profile looking up piano covers on YouTube. This guy (calls himself "thepianocian" ... I assume because he has videos of him playing piano and doing magic tricks. Get it? A pianist and a musician? A pianocian? Anyway.) is an extremely talented pianist ... his covers have completely blown me away. He covers some of my absolute favorite songs, and he plays them all with outstanding skill.
Not only does he post amazing YouTube videos, but "thepianocian" also manages a website. This site has many different pages and things to check out, but my favorite by far are the piano sheets he's placed on his site. That's right - he's written out the sheets for a wide range of different songs he's covered on the piano. But the best part? He's put them on his website for anyone to download and enjoy ... all for free.
That's right. Free piano sheets for all our favorite songs!
Okay. Not all. But quite a few. Linkin Park fans will delight at his large selection of sheets for Linkin Park songs ... he has written more covers for their songs than for any other band or artist in his "Other Sheets" category. Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance fans, never fear; he's written sheets for three of their songs each as well - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race and Disenchanted, respectfully, have been covered. I was also blown away by his covers of AFI's Miss Murder and Love Like Winter (I posted the video for the latter above). Some other great singles that he's made available as sheets include The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' Face Down, Rhianna's Umbrella, and Plain White T's Hey There Delilah.
I strongly encourage anyone who appreciates a truly talented musician to check out thepianocian's website and YouTube profile. Even if you're not a pianist and can't make use of his sheets, I'm sure you'll be shocked by how amazing this man is on a piano.
As for myself? I'll leave the fancy stuff for my girls Reno and Joey - they're both very talented pianists. I might print off some sheets and try tapping out a few melodies when I have some spare time, though ;)
Friday, March 14, 2008
I Wish I Was As Talented As Random People On The Internet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
3 comments:
oh..
i wish we could talk more often..
you should make a myyearbook i'm on there almost everyday :)
♥ Megan
he's hott though huh?
lol
i got ur email yesterday :)
I know! It's going to be so great! I'm so glad their coming to New York City! Oh and you saying "its not even going to be funny" reminded me of this quote.lol.
"One time me and Frank were making out for so long it wasn't even funny. And then it was funny."~Gerard Way
Post a Comment