BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Life is Beautiful"

Tuesday ;; friend's house after school. Failing epic-ly at Guitar Hero, even on easy. A gorgeous ride on Bob and a super fun, relaxing lesson. Straight back to my other friend's house for a sleepover. Mel Brooks' Dracula: Dead and Loving It and WALL-E. Laughing and ice cream and stupid jokes.

Wednesday ;; chillin' at home. Saturday night sleepover at my place is a go. Running to the mall at seven o'clock. Sitting on the floor of Hot Topic, reading the latest AP magazine and enjoying a listening party of Fall Out Boy's latest release.

Thursday ;; Thanksgiving. No turkey for us, thanks. We'll take enchiladas and margaritas instead. Watching WALL-E, again. Playing silly board games and enjoying the company of family.

Friday ;; more time hanging out at home. An evening at the high school, helping vendors unload their vans in preparation for the holiday bazaar the following day. A feeling of satisfaction when you see these dedicated bazaar go-ers smile at you, appreciative of your helping hand.

Saturday ;; early early morning. Seven a.m. and I'm back at the school, helping more vendors unload more crafty goods. Home again for a few hours, doing homework and chatting it up on MySpace. Back to the bazaar to help the vendors pack up what didn't get sold; plenty of Christmas well-wishes and smiling faces. Then it's off to pick up some of the coolest people I know for an evening of some of the most fun I've had in a long, long time. Edward Scissorhands and the birth of more inside jokes than we know what to do with ;)

... and now it's Sunday. Waking up next to one of your besties. Debating whether it's worth getting up and going downstairs. Finally deciding. Heading down for a "morning" (is it really morning anymore?) of Sweeney Todd and nachos.

This Thanksgiving break has been absolutely fantastic. I haven't been this happy or this excited about anything in such a long time. I don't know what it is, but there's just something in the air that's got me feeling "very much alive". Maybe it's the jolly holiday spirit, or maybe it's all the sugar I've consumed at these sleepovers; two in one week!
Whatever it is, it's got me in the best of spirits. I'm very upset that tomorrow it's back to school; back to Honors and algebra, weight training and wind ensemble.
But that's okay. Because this break - and the week before, honestly - has been some of the best times I can remember.

Regretfully, I have an English assignment that requires my full and utmost attention.
... I know it won't get my full attention, but I should wrap up my post so I can at least begin.

I realize I skipped a week of Top Songs. Oh dear. I apologize.
Here is the past two weeks' Top Songs. I've been in a fun, hyper mood, and I think most of the songs on these weeks' playlist portrays that =D

Top Ten Songs of The Past Few Weeks XP

1. Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
2. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance
3. Seventeen Forever - Metro Station
4. It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish - My Chemical Romance
5. Believe Me, I'm Lying - Forever the Sickest Kids
6. Sugar, We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy
7. The City Is At War - Cobra Starship
8. Killing Me - Cauterize
9. Harder To Breathe - Maroon 5
10. Sliver - Nirvana

Now, I think I'm just going to drink my pineapple orange smoothie and get this English homework finished up.

Keep On Living guys <33333

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great movies! Sounds like you've had a fun week. =]

I love Cobra Starship's The City Is At War! Great song.

PhilO♥ said...

Hi!
Cool blog :)

Savy said...

Love the movies and the songs <3

Looks like you had a great weekend. Thanksgiving break is always great!

Jenna said...

Thanks for the comments guys :)

And welcome Beaut!fully Br()ken, and thank you; feel free to stop by and comment anytime! =D

Danni said...

Ah, Nirvana AND Smashing Pumpkins?! Hello new hero.
-Danni

Jenna said...

lol! Yeah Danni, I be a Pumpkins and Nirvana fan :)

I just only recently started to listen to both bands, but I must say I am in love <3

rockin_robin said...

your playlist would not have been my hyper choice, tbh