BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

"The Perfect Night"

Last night - er, this morning - was amazing.

Me and a bunch of friends headed out to see a movie premier. We arrived at the theatre around ten thirty p.m and the show was to begin at midnight - and I swear the nearly two hours before the movie even began was the best part of the whole night. Lots of laughing, lots of caffeine, lots of inappropriate jokes. "Was that a sexual reference?!" XP Yelling across the theatre at each other, waving to random people, commenting on various attributes of strangers ... all while dodging confused, irritated glances from fellow theatre patrons. Just being our normal teenage selves ;)

The movie itself was okay. Not really the highlight of the evening, in reality. It was kinda fun to watch, but mostly the fun was spending two and a half hours in a theatre with some of the coolest people you know.

After the movie ended, it was all five of us piling into a compact car at two-thirty in the morning. Scraping frost off windshields and rolling down windows in an effort to defrost them; winter in Washington is definitely on the way. We shivered and shook in the back seat of that car, but we were grinning all the same. Still laughing and still poking fun; still refusing to drop all the inappropriate inside jokes. Pulling up to your front door at three in the morning ... and knowing you'd have to wake up in just over two hours to go back to school.

As a whole, I guess there wasn't that much entirely "special" about my little midnight escapade to the theatre. Just another evening with the gang. However, I have to say that was one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time. I don't know why, but there was just something blissful about that outing in my eyes. It really reminded me of why I love my friends so much, and how incredibly lost I would be without them.

So, to all my friends; thank you for keeping me safe and keeping me sane. Thank you for loving me when I can't even love myself, and for reminding me why it's worth it to drag yourself out of bed at six a.m, running on two hours of shut-eye and an iced tea. You guys are amazing, and without you I don't really know what I'd do with myself. You seriously make my life worth while.

Keep on living <33

4 comments:

Savy said...

I love going out with my friends and just spending a good evening (or morning) with them. It sounds like you had lots of fun!

What movie? I'm guessing Twilight. I just saw it yesterday. Looks like a movie review is on my schedule!

Jenna said...

Yeah, it was Twilight.
Not "ZOMG!!!!!!!" like everyone hyped it up to be, but I really wasn't expecting it to me.
It wasn't as awful as I was expecting, but it sure didn't make my list of favorites. lol
But that's okay :)

Anonymous said...

Sonds like a blast!

The day before...Night? before my surgery my friend Lauren and I went to the premeire of Transformers. It's so much fun hanging out at things like those with friends.

I haven't seen Twilight yet...but am looking forward to it. Haha I've heard a lot of mixed reveiws. Either people are raving about it and it's utter awesomeness, or they just say "eh". Lol.

I guess I'll have to go out there and forge my own opinion. Heehee.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

You have an award waiting for you on my blog! So give it a look!