I'm going to ramble here...be warned :)
Obviously, I've got high school on my mind, what with the new school year starting in just a few weeks. I still can't believe summer's over; seems just yesterday we were graduating. Now, school schedules are being mailed out, back to school sales are flooding the stores, and everyone's getting their head back together to prepare for another nine months of education.
I'm very excited for the new year, for several reasons.
First off, because I miss all my friends. I havn't seen anyone except Lil'emo in three months, and I miss them all a LOT.
Secondly, I miss school in general. I miss getting up in the morning and having something to look forward to; even if it is just sitting in class. But it's better than sitting on my butt in front of the computer.
Finally, I think I'm looking forward to the new year because it's going to be an adventure; something new. I like new things. I get bored of the mundane. A new school year is an adventure in it's own, but a new school year at a new school...high school at that...well, this is going to be awesome.
A lot of people don't look forward to high school. I am. People think "oh my gosh, the upperclassmen are going to beat me up!" or "the classes are going to be really hard!" or "the teachers are going to be really strict!" or whatever. I don't think so. I'm looking forward to this, a lot. A new chapter in my life is about to be written; bring it on.
Of course, with the anticipation for school starting beginning to rise, so is the anticipation on hearing news about whether I made it onto the Equestrian Team. I really am looking forward to competing in Washington High School Equestrian Team (WHSET), but at the same time...I'm nervous. I don't know what to expect. I assume the competition in WHSET isn't going to be as tough as competition at other shows I've been to (it's an interscholistic show, for goodness sakes) but still...I've seen some of the WHSET horses and riders (a lot of them go to my stable) and they are good. Really good.
I'm not sure how me and Smokey will handle it, if we make it on the team. I've shown before, but Smokey...not so much. He's only been in two halter classes in his life! Sure, we've both improved a lot...but still. I'm afraid if we do make it on the team...we'd be hurting rather than helping. We'd hinder the rest of the team, rather than helping them succeed. I don't want the rest of the team to suffer because my horse can't last three minutes without seeing his friend; especially since most the teammates are my friends. I don't want to let them down. And also, what with Smokey being off for the last few weeks after his accident, I don't think he could handle that kind of competition, physically.
But still...I know my friends won't like me any less because I'm an inexperienced exhibitor riding a spaztic horse ;) I don't mind making a fool of myself in public (I've done it enough times already :D) so it's not a big deal to me if I bomb at a show. And maybe the rest of the team won't mind if I suck, either; maybe I won't hinder their progress as much as I think I will. Maybe it will be a good chance to get Smokey out there; get him some experience.
Either way, God will let me know what's best for me and my boy. If we're good enough to compete in WHSET this year, I'll make the team; if not, He'll keep me off the team, and let me and Smokey prepare all this year, so I rock come sophmore year :D
So that's kinda what's been on my mind lately; high school and WHSET. And growing up, I guess. I mean, in four years, I'll be in college! This isn't really a big deal for me either - another adventure - and especially considering I've already looked at a ton of potential colleges, I'm not too worried. But still; it's weird, thinking it's only a short ways away. When I got the letter in the mail about driver's ed classes, that's when it really hit me; wow. I'm really growing up. Sound's dumb, I know. Oh well.
Thanks for dealing with my rambling...got to go do something important now.
...
Not really ;)
Saturday, August 18, 2007
High School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment