BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dissapointed

I hate being a perfectionist, especially with my grades. I've gotten better about it; used to be if I got anything less an an A on an assignment, I'd completelly lose it. In my opinion, you'd better give 110%, or none at all.
I still have a perfectionist point of view for a lot of things, but I've become a lot better about not stressing my grades. Figures, I start caring less when I get into high school. The sixth grade me would have cried over the B+ I had in health/fitness at the end first semester because it wasn't good enough, and would have been furious at myself for not being able to raise my A- in math to an A before semester's end. While it still upsets me a little, my grades arn't enough to make or break me anymore.
I probably should start caring like I used to; the kind of caring where it physically hurt me to do any less than 110%. But I just can't understand beating myself up over a letter written on a piece of paper anymore. Sure, it may be my future as a veterinarian on the line, but right now ... it's just a letter. Nothing more.

I was checking my grades on the internet today and some of my finals were posted.
Got a C on my health/fitness final ... crap. I can't fail the fitness AND the health portion of that class. Doesn't help that the gym coach has had a negative opinion of me from day one ... we can't all be superstars, Coach. Ever thought some of us are only taking the class for the credit??? I'm going to have a new teacher next semester ... maybe he'll be a bit more forgiving. Not likely.
I got a B+ on my math final. That surprised me ... I thought the math final was really easy. But that's kind of my problem with math ... I'm sure I understand it, and then I fail anyway. And then I don't understand why I failed, because I was sure I understood. Whatever. An 87% isn't bad, but I only have a 90.44% in the class overall ... I NEED to raise that grade.

None of my other finals are posted, but these two were the only two I was really stressing. Glad I know now; I can stop worrying about it now.

0 comments: