I should be doing homework, or eating, or getting ready for practice, but quite frankly, I DON'T WANNA.
OK, moment over.
I just wanted to sit and do nothing for a little minute here. I miss being able to do nothing; doesn't happen very often these days.
Tuesdays are KILLER for me. I'm really busy on Tuesdays!! Take yesterday for example...
Mom picked me up from school, and drove me straight up to one barn for me to help out where help is needed (and get ride time in return). I actually didn't ride Jimmy...I worked with him on the ground, which was a treat for me. My new instructor doesn't have any sort of ground obsticals - poles, barrels, tarps... - so it was a lot of fun for me to play with Jimmy with all the things I don't have the privlidge of using every day. I set up all sorts of obsticals for Jimmy to work over. Jimmy George jumped barrels and walked over tarps and weaved through poles... All this he did at liberty, meaning Jimmy was loose in the ring and I had to use only body language to direct him. It was really amazing for me when Jimmy cantered around me on about a thirty foot circle, as if I had a lunge line on him - except he was completelly at liberty! He could have gone running anywhere around the arena, except Jimmy chose to circle around me; he chose to be with me. Jimmy is just so smart, and beautiful, and I just love my Jim-bo so much :D
Then after that I went home for about an hour before getting him horse ready to go to Ladie's Night at my other, newer barn. Poor Smokey bear was so tired and stiff; he gave an awesome effort on Monday for riding lessons and didn't have much left last night. We took what we could get and just let Smo have the night off easy.
We didn't get home from Ladie's Night until nine thirty...I didn't get inside until ten...by the time I was showered, fed, and had my homework done, it was around eleven thirty...
..then I had to get up at five thirty this morning for school! UGH.
I was super tired today at school, and now I can feel a migraine coming on. We just got back from driving all the way down to RHS to pick up one of their ASB cards for the equestrian team (the Team is officially a sport, not a club, so all co-ops need an ASB card now). When we got there, the office lady told us that the woman was not available to take my picture and give me a card today, and that we'd have to come back tomorrow...UGH. What a waste of time!
So now we're home, I have a ton of homework (ok...not really. But still), and then at six we're going to practice. I can't actually ride - we didn't think it was worth pushing Smokey three days in a row; he always tries so hard, so we're gonna give him the day off - but I can still go to the barn and watch & learn "Pattern Fundamentals" from the rail.
And on Saturday, we're going to wake up at six in the morning to drive four hours to go look at this horse for sale. His name is Tyler and so far we havn't heard of anything bad about him that really stands out...we'll see if we like him when we get there. Who knows? Either way, it's a four hour drive back as well, and I'm not pleased about it.
Oh, the life of an equestrian teen. What would I be without these early mornings, mundane days, and late nights?
Bored and unhappy, that's what I'd be!
Love you all so much!! And if I'm all crabby at school...blame the horses ;)
...Not really. They've done nothing wrong.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
The Life of an Equestrian Teen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment