"... That is the way it is with a wound. The wound begins to close in on itself, to protect what is hurting so much. And once it is closed, you no longer see what is underneath, what started the pain."
~Amy Tan, The Joy Luck Club
I've been doing homework all day. Well, mostly. I've taken some breaks to stretch my legs and watch a few minutes of Titanic on TV. I forgot how much I loved that movie.
Speaking of movies to love. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. Go see it. Now. That was the cutest movie I've seen in a very long time. It's just one of those feel-good movies that make you laugh and make you go, wow, what an awesome way to spend my evening. Driving to the movie theatre in the pitch black, with rain pouring on the windshield, so me and my girlfriends can go see a cute movie like that. How nice.
And then today, in all the rainy-ness, I just kinda locked myself up in my room and annotated a bunch of The Joy Luck Club. I'm really enjoying this book so far. I love Amy Tan's style of writing.
I've still got math homework to do, so I suppose this will conclude my random post of the day.
So go watch Nick & Norah. And go read The Joy Luck Club. And go find some other nice ways to enjoy your Sunday afternoon.
I'll leave you with one more amazing quote from Amy Tan, and this week's Top Ten songs. I realize it hasn't even been a week yet, but I feel like making a list, and I'm afraid tomorrow, what with it being Monday and all, I may be too busy.
"The pain of the flesh is nothing. The pain you must forget. Because sometimes that is the only way to remember what is in your bones. You must peel off your skin, and that of your mother, and her mother before her. Until there is nothing. No scar, no skin, no flesh."
~Amy Tan, The Joy Luck Club
Top Ten Songs of the Week
1. After Hours - We Are Scientists
2. Tears Don't Fall - Bullet For My Valentine
3. (Untitled) [Live In Hoboken, NJ] - My Chemical Romance
4. Build God, Then We'll Talk - Panic! At The Disco
5. Now That We're Done - Metro Station
6. I Don't Care - Fall Out Boy
7. I'm Not Jesus - Apocalyptica feat. Corey Taylor
8. Cemeteries of London - Coldplay
9. Trying To Escape The Inevitable - Pencey Prep
10. Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
Later, everyone. Keep on living <33

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment