BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

"Welcome to the Black Parade"

Today was Color Wars at school! =D
Color Wars is always the highlight of Spirit Week. Sure, we know Spirit Week is supposed to be a big kick-off before our Homecoming football game and dance, and that the assembly on the Friday prior is also supposed to support the Homecoming festivities; but, in reality, everyone just looks forward to cramming into the gymnasium and getting a chance to scream and chant and act completely nuts. Makes for a good break during the monotonous school day. Yes, the Homecoming/Color Wars assembly is definitely the most fun of the whole year.
The Sophomores were totally reppin' the black this year. Class of 2011 went all-out, giving one-hundred and ten percent into the cheers, the outfits, and the decorations. Personally, my favorite decoration was a poster one of my fellow sophomores had made herself, which read "Welcome to 2011's Black Parade!" I ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it a lot and after the assembly the girl gave me the poster =D I felt pretty special.
I was mostly excited about not having to have to find a different outfit to wear today ;) I had the most fun with my makeup. After doing my own magic with eyeliner and shadow and then getting fixed up by King and her fabulous paintbrush, my face was flawless in jet-black school spirit XD As you can see by the picture of King and I.
All in all it was a fun day. Not very stressful, very 'peppy'.
Now it's off to play at the football game tonight. Turns out last week's football game wasn't our homecoming game; we've got one more chance to redeem ourselves after last week's devestating performance >.<
So, I'm off. Wish PHS luck. Falcon Power! :p

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! You guys look great!

Sounds like a lot of fun. That poster sounded great! =D