I'd forgotten.
I'd forgotten what it was like;
how early five thirty a.m. really was.
how it felt to step out of the warm car and into the chilly morning as you walk through the front doors.
how many kids there are; how funny it is to watch us all, individuals in our own ways, go through the same mundane routine day after day.
how blaring some hardcore screamo in your ears can make the short walk to and from classes so much more exciting.
how nice it is to see friends, to talk and just be teenagers.
how long a forty-five minute class period can be.
how short a sixty-minute lunch hour can be.
how the whole class is just waking up, barely coherent, the first period
- and how jittery and suddenly full of energy they are five minutes before the final bell rings.
how it feels to know you've survived yet another day in the race.
... and to know you're just gonna get up and run again tomorrow.
We're back, no doubt;
back to school.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
"Teenagers Scare The Living Shit Outta Me!"
Posted by Jenna at 6:09 PM
Labels: Deeper Thinking, School, Teen Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
2 comments:
that's nice =D
I miss that routine.
But I can't say I'm not pleased with the way my life is going, and the directions I'm headed due to my choices!
Enjoy the school year! May it bring tons of surprises and happy memories!!!
Ah, school. Good luck with it all and I wish you many good memories in your sophomore year.
Post a Comment