Summer's over.
School starts tomorrow.
A part of me is thrilled and a part of me is terrified.
But mostly I just can't wait to go back.
Last night rockin_robin, King and I ended our summer with a bang.
It all started with Buffy. Typically.
Two or three episodes later King and I went out to feed the horses.
Then somehow we all ended up upstairs in rockin_robin's bedroom.
I think King went in to look at my sister's newly decorated room ...
... and we just never left.
We kinda locked ourselves in there and just talked and laughed and screwed off.
It was great.
We all piled on the bed and shared stories and confessed secrets.
It felt so-totally-teenage-girl-ish.
But it felt kinda right.
Like, that was how summer was supposed to end.
With the three of us enjoying "share time" and Pepsi One.
Somehow that lasted until four in the morning.
I walked King home in the dead of night, then went home and got to bed.
So much for getting back on a sleep schedule.
I didn't get out of bed 'till after noon.
Thank you mommy for covering the mornings feeding for me!
It was the perfect way to spend our last summer night.
Now staying home, watching America's Next Top Model re-runs and blogging about my life is a good way to end my last summer day.
Later I'll have to re-paint my fingers and toes.
Take a shower.
Figure out what the hell I'm wearing tomorrow.
And then for school pictures!
Oh God.
It's starting again.
... the start of a whole new school year.
The beginning of something so much more.
Monday, September 1, 2008
"... It's Goodbye, But We've Got One More Night ..."
Posted by Jenna at 3:17 PM
Labels: Deeper Thinking, School, Sleep (Or Lack Thereof), Teen Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
2 comments:
That sounds like a great way to end a summer.
The time you tend to remember most are those long night with friends and family, where random stuff happens. =D Those are special!
Good luck with school today!!! Have fun!!!
Sounds like lots of fun! I agree, random moments are the best memories <3
Post a Comment