Today was a good day.
It was a day of a special breed; a unique breed, which only dares show its face in this part of the world every so often. It was one of few days over the course of a year where I actually enjoy living in the Pacific Northwest.
A few minutes before the final bell rang at school today, I looked out the classroom window and saw a cloudless sky. I stepped out the door and into the chilly afternoon air. The high today probably never broke fourties, and frost was visible - and slippery! - on any shaded surface the entire day. As I walked out to my truck in the school parking lot, I marveled at the ice-blue sky and the sparkling sun. I turned on the ingition and quickly cranked the heater while I got my iPod situated and properly hooked up to my stereo system ... thank God for modern technology <3
With the window rolled down and a cool breeze flowing into the cab, I drove quickly and with a sense of exhuberance down the highway and back to town, before turning off down the backroads and letting the green landscape take me in. With The Bravery's Believe playing over my speakers, I couldn't help but breathe in deep; let the crisp, cool air rush into my lungs, and let the bright sun rays slice through the windshield and onto my skin.
It was simply one of those special days. This was the first day I realized how nice having my driver's license was (:
The only thing that could have made this day better was if I could have been out to the barn. This weather is lovely for riding; the cool temperatures make the horses extra enthusiastic, and the sunshine puts a spring in everyone's step.
However, my baby Bob is sick :'( I haven't been able to ride him in a few weeks. However, the vet gave us the okay to start working him again - lightly - this weekend.
So, Lord willing - and weather permitting -, maybe Bob and I can take a nice, relaxing hack outside in the pasture. To get a chance to take a stroll outside in this weather would be pure heaven.
But, I suppose I'll be thankful for what I was given, which was one glorious, beautiful, sunny winter day.
It was one of those days that just makes you thankful to be alive.
xoxo
keep on living
Thursday, January 15, 2009
"I Am Living Just To Breathe"
Posted by Jenna at 8:38 PM
Labels: Deeper Thinking, Teen Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
3 comments:
It sounds like a great day. I'm amazed at how much it rains where you live...though any rain in comparason to the rain we get here is a ton of rain lol.
Enjoy that drivers licence! I still have yet to bother getting mine...the day'll come though.
I wish Bob a speedy recovery!
ps.
left you something on my blog <3
really?
wow!
:o
i must go check it out! lol (:
Post a Comment