BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Don't Tell Me Where The Road Ends ... 'Cause I Just Don't Wanna Know."

Yesterday was simply perfect.
I was meaning to post about yesterday, well, yesterday ... but I ended up not getting to it.
Oh well. Better late than never, right?

Anyway, as I was saying, yesterday was full of pure bliss.
The weather was, once again, simply splendid. Bitter cold, but without a cloud in the sky. This weather puts me in absolutely fantastic spirits, and I must say I have been in a state of complete contentment for the last three days or so <3

I got to see my dear boy Bob on Saturday <3 I'm pleased to report he's feeling much better. He was feeling much more like his handsome self, and even felt well enough to act up a bit while I was riding him. We had a fairly decent western pleasure ride but, more than the desire to get tuned back up before show season ... I was just pleased to have my boy back <3

After our lesson, I rode Bob out to the back pasture and walked him out in the fresh air & sunshine. I wanted to take a picture, but the only camera I had available was on my cell phone, and it just wouldn't zoom enough to do the view justice :( But I genuinely wish all of you could have experienced the beauty of our little stroll through the field. Sure, I'd ridden back in that pasture before, and I'd seen the view a hundred times ... but sometime was extra special about it yesterday. Bob and I just walked laps around the perimeter of the field, and together we took in the splendid simplicity of it all. It was one of those moments where everything wrong in the world dissipated, and there was nothing to think about except the air in your lungs and the sun on your skin.

Somewhere amongst the peace and tranquility, I worked up an appetite for a vanilla bean frappachino. Don't ask why, because I'm not sure. However, I think it has something to do with the memory of the first time I had one ... I drank my first vanilla bean frapp at camp years and years ago, sharing one with three or so of my friends. After working so many stressful weeks there (those memories of camp are some that aren't so pleasant in my mind ...), having something so cool and delicious on such an unpleasantly warm, mentally chaotic day was bliss. One of those simple-things-mean-so-much moments. So, I've come to realize that working at the barn brings out the frappachino-lover in me.
Anyway.

Thank God for the extra cash I had in my wallet, and for the drivers license that once again proved handy <3 I considered just pulling through the drive-through to pick up my little treat ... but then I decided that sitting down sounded much nicer.

So, after ordering my drink (when they accidentally made a size too large o.0) I found a seat in the back of the coffee shop with my Grande-gone-Venti frapp and just relaxed. I listened to the music and the employees chatting away. I people watched, noting who came and who left, and who was doing just as I was doing; enjoying a gorgeous sunny day, with good drink and good company.

I sipped slowly and drank in the atmosphere around me. Finally, after a solid half hour alone in the back of the coffee shop, I packed up and headed back to my car. Slipping Coldplay's X&Y in the stereo, I drove home with the sun shining on the roads, and just breathed it all in.

I've felt so blessed lately.
And just so incredibly happy to be alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a good day! <3

Mmm that frapp sounds sooo good right now. (hasn't even had breakfast yet lol).

Oooh Bob's better *cheers*!

Coldplay always adds to the happy feeling of a good day :D

EgyptianTamer said...

I'm really happy 4 u