BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

WAHSET Patterns

I received my WAHSET patterns today... ahh! I've only taken a good look at the hunt seat equitation and the stock seat equitation patterns, because I know I will be doing those with Ambush... I'm not sure if I will be doing any other individual events with him. The working pairs pattern was long and I didn't feel like delving into that one tonight ;)

My thoughts on my patterns?
The hunt seat eq pattern is pretty straight-forward. I've already got it memorized, lol; starting in the middle of the end of the arena (if it was a dressage arena, starting at "A"), you enter at a sitting trot, then do a figure eight (starting to the right) at a posting trot. You then proceed at a sitting trot farther down the arena and then perform a canter figure eight (again, starting at the right). After the second figure eight, you swap leads from the left lead to the right lead and continue to the end of the arena (in dressage, "C") and turn left. At the corner you proceed straight down the rail at a hand gallop and then halt near the end of the arena. After backing a given number of steps, you exit the arena.
...I think that's right, lol. Either way, it's a very straight-forward pattern and I don't think it will be a hard one for me and Ambush to master.
The stock seat eq is a bit more complex, but not over-the-top intense, either. I don't have this one memorized, but it involved a jog figure eight without stirrups, a couple 360 degree haunch turns, loping around cones, and backing up, lol. It's more complicated then the hunt seat pattern, but I don't think Ambush and I will have much of a problem with it, especially since western pleasure is most definantly Bob's forte ;)

Anyway. Just wanted to share :D

4 comments:

Me said...

Wow. I don't get how you can do that. I would go nuts. I mean, I can hardly study for tests! I'm glad you like my poem. I have quite a few, and a couple that are like that. Kind of questions for the world, to really get people thinking about more than just regular everyday trivial crud. Peace and God Bless!!!

Boomerang (kaylacornejo)

Anonymous said...

HEY my name is McCall and I have your user name on live spaces...

cowgirl4christ.spaces.live.com

I'm so happy to find someone who is nuts about Jesus and Horses!! Ride on! and stay strong in your faith, it's the only thing that'll get you through!!!God bless!
McCall <><

Anonymous said...

Oooo cooley! you are on WAHSET??? Mee too!!! lol i was just looking to see if they had the new patterns up, because i was at school and wanted to study them because my coach/instructor/trainer e-maild them to us and i cant get to them at school =P , and foud your blog... lol so i studied the huntseat pattern as you described! lol it's cool to find a fellow "WAHSETer", haha I'm in district 4 btw... what about you? you can e-mail me at: horses_r_cool777@hotmail.com if you want to chat sometime =D well....ADIOS!

Jenna said...

Wow; lots of comments all of a sudden!
kayla, it's easy for me to study these patterns because WAHSET - just horses in general, lol - is something I'm passionate about. School tests... not so much lol. Take the world geography test I didnt study for today... ;)
mccall, I've never even heard of live spaces, and sure as heck dont have an account on there. I dont know who that is lol. Welcome to my blog, though, lol
>..<... wow! Nice to meet another WAHSET-er! lol. I'm actually District 4 too! lol. I guess I'll be seeing you in Elm this February, eh? ;) The new patterns are posted on the WAHSET website now, just so you know.