BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 26, 2007

"It's Butt Cold Outside!"

That quote in the title is my trainer's favorite way of describing the weather we've been having lately. Winter is definantly upon us. The last three or four days have gotten below freezing when the sun's gone down and been at a wopping high of low 40's when the sun came back up. And this evening it randomly decided to pour down the rain... And there's a chance of snow on Thursday or Friday!! Stupid weather. Give me sunny and 75 any day.

This Monday wasn't actually as bad as I anticipated it being ("Monday's Just Around The Corner", November 2007). I was in a much better mood after the break; if I get running around too much and get trying to do too much at once, I get really stressed, and that stress had been carrying over into my riding the last few weeks, which isn't good. However, the break gave me a chance to unwind and brighten up, and it showed in my riding lesson today.

It's official; I have a new horse, at least for a month. His name is Ambush, and he's a seven-year-old chestnut Arabian gelding. He's fantastic western pleasure, kick butt halter, and is coming along as a hunter as well. Either way, we signed a lease agreement on Ambush last week, and now he's mine to try out until the month is over. At that time, we're going to decide whether or not we want to buy him as my WAHSET horse. Don't worry - I'll post pictures when I get some ;)

After my stress relieving break, I was in a much better mood for riding; my focus was a lot better and I was able to ride Ambush the way he should be ridden. He's a completelly finished horse, which is something I'm not used to riding, and I'm still getting used to riding a horse that knows what he's doing (I tend to over-correct poor Ambush and confuse him). However, today I noticed a big improvement in the way me and Ambush worked together. Right now the main thing I'm working on with him is his western pleasure lope; Ambush doesnt need to work on it, but I do! I've never ridden a finished western pleasure horse, so learning how to ask for that slow, collected gait, and then keeping him there, will take practice.

Even if we arn't a perfect team yet, my trainer offered to haul Ambush to a horse show for me on the 15th - 16th of December. I'm really excited; I've never shown a horse that ever had a chance of winning! :D If I don't do anything to screw it up, me and Ambush should be bringing home a lot of ribbons that weekend ;)

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep this blog updated; what better use of my time ;) And pray this nasty weather lets up!!

1 comments:

Me said...

Hi! You posted on my blog, and I just wanted to thank you. I really appreciate the support, and would love to talk further. We have a freaky amount in common. my email is wantinaponyk@yahoo.com. please get in touch, and God's peace!!

Kayla Cornejo