BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cowgirl Up

This weekend has been really awesome for me. A horse we've been looking at for sale is staying at my trainer's barn through Monday so I can ride him and get used to him a little. My trainer is going to see what he thinks of the gelding today, and tomorrow the vet will do the pre-purchase. I really like this horse, and I hope the pre-purchase runs smoothly.
Last night at the barn was a blast. We hauled Smokey and my sister's horse up to the barn, so I got to ride Smokey for about an hour (before his leg started bothering him; he did really really good, all things considered) and then I rode the horse we might buy for about fourty five minutes. The gelding showed a little bit of attitude on the ground and on a lunge line, but under saddle he's a dream. He does patterns really well, too; we were doing canter figure eights with simple lead changes, and he performed them effortlessly. He can also do a haunch turn, forehand turn, back up and sidepass without issues. His forte is hunt seat, but he's coming along well western, too; his jog is fantastic, but he needs work on his lope. Either way, the gelding seems like he'd be a fantastic horse for WAHSET, and I really like him; pray the vet check passes!

The only thing that's kinda sucked about this weekend is that I think I'm getting sick. I have an awful cough yesterday morning, and my the evening I had lost my voice. Today is a little worse; my cough hasn't let up, I still dont have much of a voice, and I think I might be getting a fever; you know how you get all achy when you get a fever? Ya... But I'll just cowgirl up and deal with it tonight, because I'm going up to help feed the horses at my trainer's barn (he's out of town for the weekend) and ride the gelding we might buy. It's sure to be a blast, even if I am a little under the weather.
Hopefully I wont miss school tomorrow! I hate making up assignments...

Oh ya, I watched a movie today. It's called 1408 and it's based on one of Stephen King's short stories. If you like scary movies like I do, you have to watch it, it's sooooo good. It's not really even that scary...it's just one of those that keeps you guessing the whole time, and then at the end, you still don't really know what happened. Anyway, ya, it's an awesome movie and you all have to watch it.

Anyway, talk to ya'll later.

0 comments: