BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Final Thoughts

I think I'm going to like my new year at school, kinda.
My schedule is nice. It seems the bell rings right as I start getting bored with the class I'd been in for the last hour. It seems fast-paced and - at least for now - the school day doesn't drag on forever. I think it's because my core classes are broken up by electives and lunch.
Speaking of core classes...I have mixed feelings about them. I can't decide whether or not I like my geography teacher and band director...but I think I'll learn to like them better as the year goes on. I like english and ag sci teachers...they're both positive and friendly. Although math is a depressing period for me (old memories have put a damper on my entire attitude toward the subject) the math teacher I got is alright and brightens my mood a little. Today I did go to lunch in a slightly POed mood, though, because after math I always feel really depressed. I got over it before English.
I'm know I would be able to transfer out of English 1 if it was a possibility, because my reading/comprehension scores are way over average. However, I really like my teacher, and she said we'd be reading Romeo & Juliet - which, sadly enough, I havn't read yet - and now I'm not sure I want to transfer to Honors! ;P However, it's probably be best for me, academically...we'll see how I feel later.
Strat 1, my math class, is one I would love to transfer out of, but I dont know if I can...like, I dont know if I'm smart enough. We took a 35 question pretest today on the exact same curriculum I've been studying for two years, and I got 20 questions right (ugh). The teacher said, "I know 20/35 sounds like a bad score" - no kidding! it's a 57%! F for Failure! - "but that's actually really good, considering you havn't seen some of this material before." Uhh, excuse me? I've seen ALL of this material before, for the past two years. "Raise your hand if you scored 20 or above..." *raise hand* "Excellent! That's really good. If you got over 20, we might even have to look into transfering you to a high class..." Yay! But I just got 20, so I dunno...and I didn't even get to finish the test; I ran out of time and couldn't answer 2 questions (pathetic). But whatever.
The sucky thing is that they won't transfer students after this week is over, so I need to make these choices now. I dont wanna. I'm a freshman for goodness sakes; I'm still getting used to high school, let alone my classes! How am I supposed to make a logical choice about whether or not I need to transfer out of a class, when I've only been in there two days???
Oh well. I'll figure this out eventually, I guess ;)

Anyone else have thoughts about the first day of school?

0 comments: