I just got back from my riding lesson. Of course I didn't actually get to ride, but my riding instructor had plenty of other things for me to do to help me pass the time while my sister rode her horse.
I started out by helping my sister groom and saddle her horse before the lesson. She really didn't need the help, but I told her that I needed something to do so I didnt feel so useless :D I hate standing around doing nothing when I know there's something important or helpful that I could be doing instead.
Then I offered to help another of my instructor's clients untack and groom the Arabian stallion named Dday that my instructor had just finished working with. Dday was a very well behaved boy and we got him taken care of without any issues.
So when I asked my riding instructor if there was anything that needed doing - stupid question to ask at a boarding/training facility lol - he asked me if I would be so kind as to rake the aisle and "make it look all pretty" for him. So I did; just another way a horsewoman spends her weekday afternoons ;) But it really wasn't that bad and a lot easier on my back then sweeping *rolls eyes*
After that my instructor continued to keep me busy by letting me lunge the Pinto mare, Elle. She was a very good girl, and didn't act up at all. It was unusual for me to be lunging a horse just to warm her up instead of to get all her energy out :D When I was through lunging Elle I handed her off to another person, who got her driving harness on and later hitched her up to a cart so my instructor could drive Elle; she had only been driving for a few weeks, but looked really good!
Around this time my sister's lesson was over, so I went back to help her untack her horse. When my sister took her horse to the wash rack to get hosed off - he was really sweaty and gross lol - I wandered back to the arena to watch Elle again, and my instructor said "If you were wanting to talk to someone about the Ridgefield Equestrian Team...she's standing right behind you!" It was very ironic that she was there that day, because we were talking to my instructor earlier about how to contact the Ridgefield Equestrian Team coaches to see if there were any spots available on the team. So I introduced myself, and she said she would have to put me on a waiting list, since she didn't know yet how many students from different schools the district would allow to join the Team. So I gave her my name and contact information and she promised to get back to me soon.
All in all, if was a very fun, relaxing day at the barn. I got to meet a lot of new people and horses and just chill out :D I, for sure, am going up to the barn again tomorrow to help out and maybe ride; if my sister doesn't go up I'm going to ride her horse, and if she does, I might get to ride one of my instructor's school horses. Either way, I'll make the most of it ;)
Monday, July 23, 2007
Riding Lesson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment