BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"I Think That We Can Stay Here, 'Cause I Feel Our Time Has Come..."

This weekend has felt so much like summer.

It all started on Thursday, when the sunshine made a rare appearance in the Washington sky. It promised of springtime, but teenage antics tried to fast forward to summer. Friday brought energy drinks and loud music and sunglasses and kids at the skate park and laughing and living. Then Saturday night - and into this morning - was full of crazy stupid insane good times. And now, in the quiet haze of a Sunday afternoon, I'm remembering it all with a ridiculous smile on my face.

It's making me crazy, thinking that I still have months to wait until this feeling of carefree indifference becomes a permanent resident in my day-to-day life. I can't wait for the beauty of a sunny summer evening to take me away...
Until then, I'll just keep doing whatever I can to stay afloat in a world of to-do lists and errands and responsibilities that threaten to swallow me alive.

But it's nights like last night, weekends like this... that keep me sane. Insane, rather... but it's the insanity of it all that helps remind me what living's all about. Helps me keep my priorities in order.

The song I quoted in the title of this post is the perfect song to represent the mood I'm in right now... just ditching the world, running away from everything that keeps you down, trying to find your place... and basking in the beauty of your life when you finally figure out where you belong.

This is how it starts; two lovers in the dark...


Take a listen to Lay Me Down, by The Dirty Heads feat. Rome, as soon as you possibly can. I'll probably post it on music.is.life soon enough...

For now, I'm going to continue to listen to good music. And edit some photography. And blog. And think about my grand existence.
I'll get to my homework.... eventually.

xoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it when that summertime freedom feeling comes early. it's wonderful!