BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

"Chorus Romance Says Goodnight..."

Been a while, lovelies. As always, life has kept me from this blog.

I've had a brilliant four day weekend (: And am feeling mostly, remarkably blissful at the moment. I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day... (: I know I did. A holiday all about loving people? Grand. Why can't our whole lives be Valentine's Day?

Feeling rather artsy as well... I feel like listening to good music and indulging in good literature and becoming captivated by beautiful images. Which is good... because right now, I'm enjoying listening to the acoustic tracks of a young artist I heard last Friday at a local gig, and I'm looking at my photographs I took at the same event... (: This young lady as quite a talent, let me tell you. I'll be watching out for this one.

Got back into flickr again - the link to my photostream is on the right sidebar. Check it out and add me if you have an account (: Flickr is pretty grand. It's unfortunate that I can't seem to justify purchasing a pro account aha... maybe someday? For now, I'll have to appreciate the site, even with the limitations I face with my free account aha. But mostly, I love having a chance to share my art and to see other peoples' works, too.

Anyway. The gig I was at last Friday was a Haiti benefit concert put on by an organization founded by the members of a local area band. The event was truly remarkable, and I was so glad to have been a part of it. So many people came out to support such an important cause, and I was moved by the artists who took the time to come perform that night - for no pay, but for a much greater purpose. Some of the artists who performed were my dear friends, and others that I'd seen play countless times before. Others were new faces or vague acquaintances, but all the same, it was a great experience to see so many brought together in support of those who were suffering and those who need hope. Over $750 was raised at this benefit, put on by an organization from my hometown, in a building which serves as the student campus for a local branch of Living Hope Church. All of this money is going to be sent directly to Haiti. The entire experience was overwhelming, and I was so glad to have been there and to have been a part of it.

Support the movement;



LoveHAITI

http://www.facebook.com/lovehaitimovement
http://www.myspace.com/lovehaitimovement

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photographs are always spectacular Jenna :D
I'll be adding you on flickr shortly!