I love the way we horse people treat our horses.
We approach them in the comfort of their stalls, walk amidst them in crowded warm up arenas, stroll post them in peaceful barn aisles. We look them in the eye. We smile in their direction. We greet them as a friend, and act as if we expect them to, in turn, tip their hats and offer a salutation; "How do you do?". Of course, in reality, we do not anticipate such a response ... but that doesn't prevent us from initiating the greeting.
... I wish it were so simple for people to approach each other in such a similar, friendly fashion.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
"She Smiled At Me On The Subway..."
Posted by Jenna at 7:41 PM
Labels: Deeper Thinking, Horses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
3 comments:
left you an award on my blog :)
HEY IM BACK!!! I'm sorry I've been gone for so long!!! I have a new post and I'm sure to be around more often :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Post a Comment