The weather is so stormy today!
We haven't seen rain like this all summer. That's the crazy thing about Washington; for nine months of the year, it pours and pours and pours ... but for those three glorious months of summer, it's sunny as can be. It's weird for me, having lived in this environment all my life, to actually find the sound of the rain on the roof unusual .. I mean, it's exactly what I live with every single day. But, after three months without, the sound is new again.
I forgot how much my mood was effected by the weather. I forgot how moody I can get on days like today x] lol. So, I've tried to keep myself locked away today and just enjoy the weather.
Except for my morning outing to church, today has been spent pleasantly alone. I've worked on cleaning up my room a bit and (finally) putting my school stuff all together. It makes me sick to think that this Wednesday it all begins again D:
I also organized my CD collection, something in which I was desperately needing to do. Unfortunately, I'm running out of room in my two CD cases in my car ... new cases are on my birthday list aha. Speaking of which, I turn seventeen in ... four days ;D
Rainy days like this also puts me in a radio-listening mood. I don't know why ... but there's something so different about listening to the radio, rather than your own CDs or portable music player. Maybe it's a lack of control over what's going to play next ... or maybe it's the intrigue of hearing new (and old) songs you may have never heard before. Or, maybe it's just the fact that I also desperately need to clean up my iPod and delete all the old songs I don't listen to, aha. Listening to my iPod anymore is almost frustrating.
But, whatever the reason, I always love listening to the radio, and especially in weather like this. So, while I was cleaning and organizing and otherwise being alone lol, I lit my cherry scented candle (which I have recently claimed as my own after our recent power outage in my house; it used to live downstairs on the coffee table but I used it to light up my room when the power went out. I fell in love with the pleasant cherry scent and it hasn't left my room since), opened the blinds on my window (which I still don't understand; why did I have my blinds closed for all of the beautiful sunny summer, only to open them up to watch the rain pour down?), and turned the radio up. It was pleasant as always and just a few minutes ago I heard a song I never heard before ... and I really liked it.
I take one cause you left me and
two for my family and
three for my heartache and
four for my headaches and
five for my lonely and
six for my sorrow and
seven for no tomorrow and
eight ... I forget what eight was for, and
nine for a lost God and
ten for everything ...
It's titled 'Kiss Off' by The Violent Femmes and I thought it was an awesome song. It actually caught my attention first when the lyrics went, "I hope you know this will go down on your permanent record", which Gerard Way often throws into the bridge of the My Chemical Romance song You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison when the band performs it live xp lol. Leave it to me.
Anyway. I'm going to go continue to appreciate the rain and the radio.
keep on living
xoxo

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
2 comments:
Ah the weather sounds nice <3
I love Summer, but I'm so happy for Fall.
I'll check out the song!!! Any reference to Gee I must check out, lol
Wednesday is my Doom's Day, too. Blekgh >.<
I love rainy weather. We've been blessed with some of it off and on these past few weeks. It's wonderful!!!
Post a Comment