BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Reality Check...

My first WAHSET meet is next weekend!
...
Holy crap, where did that come from?!

I'm actually feeling pretty good right now. I'm really confident with my paterns; after my dressage lesson today (which went extremely well, I'm happy to report) I have that pattern memorized, and practicly learned the hunt seat and western patterns on the spot ... those were easy to memorize. Besides actually remembering the pattern, I've had lots of chances to school them in the last week or so and we've just about pinpointed all Bob and my troubled spots and have them worked out. Other than the cows, which we'll tackle tomorrow, I think I'm pretty well prepared to step into the Elma ring.
But still, the whole concept is kinda crazy. It seems like just yesterday I was the girl who was showing up to the practices without a horse, with no idea what I was planning on doing as far as being an asset to the team. Now I've gotten the chance to lease this amazingly talented gelding who is taking me in all sorts of directions, and I think Bob and I will be a really good pair on my team.
And the thought that next Thursday I'll be packing my bags and heading for good ol' Elma, Washington is kinda crazy too. Then the next day I'll be riding my patterns in front of a very well-respected judge ... yeah, I get to skip school for a horse thing. Trust me, it's most definantly not the first time.

But wow, I'm just kind of trying to wrap my mind around this still lol. My meet is next weekend! I'm really excited, but at the same time, it's just like, wow, that happened really fast ...
So we'll see what we can do. Sorting tomorrow will be interesting ... that will probably be the thing that makes or breaks my nerves before this meet. If we can get in there and at least get the horses acquainted with the cows before next weekend, that'll make me feel so much better about trying sorting at the meet. But if we go in there and Bob just freaks out ... I'll probably freak out, too. Not over the cows, but over trying that again at the meet!
Oh well. We'll just have to see how it goes, I suppose. Fingers crossed!

0 comments: