Was just on Amy's blog. This song came up on her page. Just watched (500) Days of Summer for the first time - finally! I'd been wanting to see it forever. I watched it with my best friend a few days ago when I wasn't feeling well. It made me feel better and worse all at the same time. A beautiful movie. With a beautiful soundtrack, obviously. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths. Quoted above.
Speaking of music. I went to an amazing show last Thursday. ...wow, that was almost a week ago. It seems like just yesterday, still.
My favorite venue. Lots of friends! Both in the audience and on stage. One of my favorite bands; three others I've never seen before. Smiles and laughs and passion and worship. Remarkable bands. Great crowd. Music and messages that shook me to my core. A phenomenal night, to say the least.
And photography, of course. I got lots of great photographs (if I do say so myself) and the chance to be able to edit them on PhotoShop for the first time has been a blessing :3 I got PhotoShop Elements 8 for Christmas and this has been my first big project using the program... divine (:
I have to say, my favorite genre to photograph is hardcore bands. If there's screaming and moshing involved, I'm there; but I suppose that's true in any case, whether my camera is with me or not. However, if the opportunity arises, I'd most love to bring my trusty Nikon along - which is mine, officially, as of this past Christmas also (: Along with a new camera bag and all sorts of other goodies. Aha. But I digress.
Hardcore shows may not be the safest place to handle such a valuable piece of camera equipment, especially at a small venue like this. It's always an adventure, trying to find a spot on the stage that offers you the opportunity to take pictures while avoiding the crowd or the band members themselves; last time out, I quite nearly got hit by a guitar head - scary stuff! This time, I tucked myself away in a nice corner between a handrail and the rest of the crowd, and I felt rather safe and secure aha. I panicked a little when the singer spit water all over the crowd... and my camera. But there were only a few water droplets on the display; no damage done :]I love taking photos of hardcore gigs because of the passion. I've brought the passion in screaming vocals into conversation on this blog before, and it's something I just can't seem to tear myself away from. It's overwhelming in its power and persuasion; the effect of such an innate and raw action is awesome. And I love taking photos of it, because, if I can even capture one tenth of that passion in a photograph... it makes for one stellar shot.
I'm thinking of starting a photo blog. To document these shows and this music and my photography. I'm not sure if I'm going to yet, but it's creation is in the works in the back of my mind.
Both photographs © Jenna Becar, 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
"To Die By Your Side Is Such A Heavenly Way To Die..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
inspirational blog award. thanks amy & savy!
1 comments:
Beuatiful photos. As always. I just fall in love with them. I miss going to Steven's gigs and taking photos... I wish my dance schedule was more flexible.
I just recently saw 500 Days Of Summer as well. It was wonderful, and you're right happy and sad at the same time. I loved that soundtrack. Lots of good stuff, but by far my favorites were the Smiths Songs. I got a bunch of their CDs used at the library for $1 each! Surprisingly they're all in great condition, and I've been listening to them on a non-stop rotation. Well that and the new Skillet album, which I'm loving <3 (thank you for introducing me to them :D)
Post a Comment