Hello everyone. Me again :) My posts are few-and-far-between these days, but believe me, I'm not going anywhere x] I guess I just haven't been on here as much as maybe I would like. But I've got a brand new post for you here now; a post about passion, about inspiration ... about things that mean things to me.
First off in this little inspirational post, is the title. Unlike the theme which I tend to stick to on this blog, the title of this post isn't a song lyric; it's actually a quote. Kat Von D wrote those words on the back cover of her recent book, and I was instantly captivated by the word choice. And, while she was obviously talking about her tattoos - the subject of her book, but also the subject of her life's work -, I thought the quote sort of ... fit. With what I'm going to talk about today.
So. Lately I've re-adopted the habit of decorating my bedroom walls. Way back when I was young, I would cut out photos from my favorite horse magazines and post them all over my wall ... :) But I took those down years ago and really never had anything else up in my room ... until recently.
I know, it seems like a sort of immature habit; the cutting-and-pasting of miscellaneous photos, to plaster all over your walls. Sort of feels like something a nine year old should be doing ... not a teenage girl going on seventeen. It seems like, maybe someone my age should be growing up a little. Should keep her magazines nice and intact, not butchered, torn and displayed. But I've found something amongst all this "decorating" ...Some of it is people. Artists. Musicians. Thinkers. Dreamers.
People I love and people I have never met.
People who will never know me. People who will never know that they have impacted who I am by simply being who they are.
Words which made me stop and think.
Words which help me through the days.
Words that make me smile and words that make me cry.
Words which changed the way I see the world.
A lot of it is music. In fact, most of it is music. But it's not all just songs and sounds. It's everything that music means; feelings and hopes and fears and dreams. It's all the people who come together to make "music" what it is. It's memories and it's good times. It's moments of hope and moments of heroism. Call it the "music scene". It's not just the three and a half minute track; it's so much more than that
But of course, I also have my accomplishments; the tokens of the relationship between my horse and I. A symbol of one of my life's true passions. These ribbons bring back memories of victories won, and all of my back numbers put a smile on my face as I reminisces on good times come and gone.
All in all, I can say that, while these tributes may seem a bit silly, they have provided me with something so valuable; they have given me something ever so important in this daily life.
My bedroom isn't just a room anymore. The walls are a canvas, in which I can express my passions, my inspirations, my dreams and my goals. Within those walls, I can remember experiences past and find hope in experiences yet to come.
These days, when I walk into my bedroom, I feel a sense of self. I can just sit in the middle of this room, and look around ... and become reminded of why I do what I do. I can remember all of the things I have been blessed with in this world; everything which reminds me why it's great to be alive. I step into that room and it's ... me. And that means so much.
And, speaking of inspirations ...

Amy awarded me this inspirational blog award! Thanks Amy! I'd like to pass it along to ...
Amy, of the aforementioned blog, My Pointe of View.
Amy's side-project blog, Our Inspiration.
Savy, of Life of a Cereal Killer.
Savy's side-project blog, the coming of genius.
keep on living.
xoxo

fabulous blog award; thanks amy!
2 comments:
That was an awesome post.
Don't worry about feeling childish while putting magazine cutting on your walls! You've seen pictures of my walls!
I love that every scrap on your walls has a meaning to you.
Inspiration comes on so many levels in so many ways to so many different people...we really should get Our.Inspiration up and running again. :)
I LOVE your room! And the post was absolutely inspirational in itself. I love your idea of posting anything and everything that it inspires you and makes you who you are on your walls. Your room should be a reflection of you are, right?
Love the post and I hope you guys continue to write on Our. Inspiration. <3
Post a Comment