BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

"All You Need Is Love"

So, it's Valentine's Day.

I have no one to spend it with, as usual. Nobody to send me roses or chocolates, or just to kiss me on the head and tell me they love me.
But ... it's alright.

Sure, this is a holiday about having someone you love, letting that person know how you feel. Which, in honesty, I never truly understood ... what dictated February 14th as International Stop-Being-A-Pansy-Ass-And-Tell-'Em-How-You-Feel Day? Or International Okay-Dumbass,-She's-This-Close-To-Leaving-You,-Better-Buy-Her-Something-Nice Day? Why wait until this holiday to show you care?
I just don't get it. Why can't you get that special someone something ... just because? Why can't you surprise them with something romantic, any day of the year? I am aware that many people do ... it's just that, too many people don't.

But, that's not the point I was getting at.

The point is, maybe all the single people this Valentine's Day should take a step back ... and figure out what they love about themselves this holiday.
Maybe stop being so critical about yourself all the time - because I know you are! - and figure out all the things that are beautiful about you.
I'm not just talking about girls - guys, you too. We all deserve to feel good about ourselves. We all deserve to feel like we're worth loving and being loved, even if we don't have someone right now to prove it to.

So, this Valentine's Day, if you don't have someone else to love ... take a little time to love yourself.
Treat yourself to something nice. Maybe eat too many chocolates ;) Do something you've always wanted to do, but always put off. Get something done that you've been needing to do forever ... you'll feel better afterwards. Call up an old friend. Spend some time to yourself, just relaxing. Get dressed up, go out, have some fun. You don't need to be in a relationship to enjoy this holiday.

Danni calls Valentine's Day "Singles Awareness Day", and I think that's pretty awesome xD
So, all you singles ... enjoy the holiday (:
And oh, I guess you couples should have a good time, too.


keep on living
xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Actually from the start Valentine's day was about love (the verb) in general. St. Valentine was a man who was imprisoned for being a Christian, and sent people in the prison notes reminding them that god loved them. Because there were so many suicides, he found it important to remind the inmates who they were there for and how much he loved them! It was like the "To Write Love On Her Arms" of it's time. <3

ps. sorry...I deleted it (the comment) the first time 'round xD

Danni said...

Saint Valentine was beheaded :]
Haha!

Jenna said...

i didnt know the actual story of St. Valentine.
that's neat <3

kind of makes me appreciate the holiday a bit more.